Family Advocacy Program
This program provides comprehensive, coordinated victim support and advocacy by designated individuals who have specialized training in victim advocacy. All Victim Advocates who provide services to CAC clients have successfully completed a minimum of 24 hours of instruction including, but not limited to:
- Dynamics of abuse
- Trauma-informed services
- Crisis assessment and intervention
- Risk assessment and safety planning
- Professional ethics and boundaries
- Understanding the coordinated multidisciplinary response
- Assistance in accessing/obtaining victims’ rights as outlined by law
- Court education, support and accompaniment
- Assistance with access to treatment and other services, including protective orders, housing, public assistance, domestic violence intervention, transportation, financial assistance, interpreters, among others as determined for individual clients.
These services are available to families who have accessed the Children’s Protection Team (CPT). Our hours of operation are Monday, Tuesday and Friday 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM and Wednesday-Thursday 8:30 AM – 8:00 PM.